My story.

(Via Jennie)

My story is, as Christopher Hitchens stated on page four of God is not Great "... one of those who's chance at a wholesome belief was destroyed by child abuse".

The day I discovered god doesn't exist.

I was 9 years old, and I had decided to look into religion on my own. My mother and step-father had no interest in religion, so I had asked a friend to take me to Church with her.

One bright summer morning, I was waiting for my friend Monica and her parents to pick me up for vacation bible school, as they had for the previous four weeks. My step-father decided it was a good morning for a beating. After he slammed my face into our wooden porch three times, I dusted myself off, and continued waiting for my friend to arrive. When her family showed up, I told them that I wasn't going to go with them anymore because I don't believe in God.

Never questioned the idea of a God existing after that day.

The End.

No comments: